Can't use Voicemod because the Audio Status is Disconnected or Connecting... forever?
Here's what's happening and how to fix it.
This MAY have happened because:
- you have chosen the Voicemod device as the default input and/or output device for your Mac.
- or you are trying to use a device with more than 2 channels.
In case you have selected our input* and/or output device as the default device on your Mac, you simply have to use another one. Go to - System Settings - Sound - Output & Input and check that in both the Output and Input tabs you have NOT selected our virtual device.
In case you have selected a device with more than 8 channels*, you simply have to choose in Voicemod another device with 2 channels or change the format of your device to 2 channels. Follow these steps:
- Open the Audio MIDI Setup. In order to do that:
- Press F4 to open Spotlight Search
Audio MIDI Setup
- Press Enter
- Select the device with more than 2 channels and search for a compatible format (2-ch).
*NOTE: we are working to make it possible to choose as the input device on Mac the Voicemod microphone and to make it possible to use devices with more than 2 channels.
After correcting the situation, you simply have to update the devices in Voicemod to make it work:
Need more help?
If none of the above works and you keep getting the same issue, please write us a ticket to the support form: https://www.voicemod.net/mac-beta-feedback by choosing the following categories:
- Technical issues
- Audio Stream down