Are you stuck on the message "Checking audio driver" when configuring Voicemod through the Audio Wizard?
If you are receiving a message like this in the Voicemod Audio Wizard:
It is likely that one of the chosen devices will have one (or more) space at the beginning of the device name or even no name at all:
You must follow the steps below to get back Voicemod working back.
Go to the Sound control panel window via the Start Menu, the sound icon on the taskbar, or by running a command:
- To use the Start Menu, navigate to the Windows Start Menu > PC Settings > System > Sound > Sound control panel.
- Or use the sound icon, right-click the sound icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
- Press the Windows key + R and write rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL Mmsys.cpl,,0
then click on OK.
Check your Playback and Recording tab to find the device with the problem.
Open the Properties of this device.
Delete the space at the beginning or add a name for your device.
- Just click on Apply and OK.
- And try again in the Voicemod Audio Wizard:
If this doesn't work and you keep getting the same error, please write us a ticket to the support form: https://www.voicemod.net/support by choosing the following categories:
- Technical Support
- Can't select input/output