Voicemod opens a new section with our first official plugin for Twitch content creators: Voicemod Live.
Let your viewers take control by changing your voice in real-time — turn your stream into a show! With this extension, unlock a whole new way for your audience to engage with you and interact with your content. Your viewers can choose from a variety of voice filters that will activate during your live streams — a fun and creative way to further monetize through your streaming. Customize the voices you want to use, how long they will remain active and more. Give your viewers the ability to turn you into a squeaky Chipmunk, a Musical Star, a Creepy Clown, a Robot, and many others, and let the clip-worthy moments roll in! Voicemod Live | Interactive Voice changer is available for all Voicemod users and is free to use!. This extension will also contribute to users' chat badges and leaderboards.
Requirements: Streamers must have the Voicemod application installed and running in order to use this extension during live streams.
Steps to set up Voicemod Live:
- Firstly, open Voicemod. Go to ‘Creators’ section on the left side of the screen. Select it and then click the ‘Enable’ button.
- Once activated, you have to click on "Connect account" and Authorize Voicemod Live.
- Then, you have to go to your Twitch dashboard, search for Voicemod Live in the Twitch Extensions selection page, and install Voicemod Live by clicking ‘Install’ on the top right of your screen. Following installation, proceed to the ‘Configure’ option to check the status*.
*If when you go to the Extension Configuration it appears all black, it must be because your browser's security settings are blocking third-party cookies.
WORKAROUND FOR CHROME:
WORKAROUND FOR FIREFOX*:
- Install a Firefox Plugin called Ignore X-Frame-Options Header
- Configure it so it only works on Twitch domain (for security reasons)
- Enable it, setup the Twitch panel on the dashboard
- Maybe disable/uninstall the plugin after configuring the twitch extension (for security reasons)
*This is a known issue on Twitch sid with Firefox: https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/523
- Time to add your voices! Click back to Voicemod and access the ‘Plugins’ option. From there, you’ll select ‘Voices’* from the Voicemod Bits section. Now, just add any voices you like!
*It is not yet possible to add custom voices.
- Once setup is finalized and the extension is configured and running smoothly, you can dictate how many Bits each voice will cost for viewers to activate, as well as how long they last.
- For ease of use, the extension can be added to Panel or to Component in the My Extensions tab in Twitch settings.
- Please keep in mind that if you add it as a Panel, it will always be available even if you are offline. That way you can test the changes before you go live, but remember to pause the extension if you are not going to use it, otherwise, your viewers might try to change your voice without any effect.
On the other hand, if you add it as a Component, it will only be available during the live broadcast in the same window of your streaming.
- Finally, the extension can be disabled or enabled via the CREATORS access in the Voicemod app, where Disable/Enable can simply be toggled on and off.
Hi, I’m Chell and I’m a @voicemod Partner 💙 This was my reaction to trying the Voicemod Bits beta!!— Chell ✨O✨verpowered✨A✨stounding✨G✨oated (@chellofagamer) May 4, 2021
There’s something cool about having your audience control your mic 🤣https://t.co/HURLNFRSMO pic.twitter.com/rGvRzWZFV9
Please remind your viewers that if they want their name to appear, they must allow Twitch in the Voicemod panel to display their name.
If they don't accept the permissions the name will be displayed like this:
If you have problems with Voicemod Bits, please write us a ticket to the support form: https://www.voicemod.net/support by choosing the following categories:
- Technical Support
- Voicemod Bits