If you can hear your normal voice and your transformed voice with Voicemod (5 basic checks if Voicemod doesn't work) but you have problems connecting Voicemod with Discord maybe it is a problem with the Windows mixer.
First, check your Voicemod settings on Discord:
- Voicemod has to be open in order to feed the virtual microphone.
- Open Discord.
- Go to Settings.
- Search for the audio section.
- Set Voicemod Virtual Audio device microphone as your input device.
- Set your headphones/headsets as your output device.
- It is Done!
If you notice that the volume goes up and down constantly:
- Go to settings > Voice & audio > Advanced and disable all these options and set Standard as audio subsystem.
Please note that the Discord test is currently failing in some situations* and you should test it on call directly.
*You can check this here:
*Do not use the Voicemod Virtual Audio device as the output (headphones), we need it internally as an audio bridge to make all this work.
Through this output, you will hear the transformed voice if Voicemod is open, but not the rest of the sounds coming from games or other applications.
If you already had the right settings, please, follow the next steps to reset the Windows mixer:
1.- Open Voicemod.
2.- Go to the Voicemod Settings->Advanced settings tab.
3.- Disable the anti-popping mode.
4.- Disable the exclusive mode.
5.- And without closing Voicemod (this is very important), resets the Windows mixer:
- Open Start -> Settings
- Go to "System":
- Click on "Sound".
- Look for "Advanced sound options" and go to "App Volume and device preferences":
- Here, click on "Reset":
If you have followed the previous steps and it is not fixed might be your Line or Voicemod microphone is muted.
Go again to Sound options:
- Locate Line in Playback tab
- Properties > Levels
- Make sure it is not muted.
Same instructions in the Recording tab. Make sure your Voicemod microphone is not muted.
If these steps haven't helped you to solve your problem, please read this article before writing to us for help: