First of all, close all communication programs before setting up the audio stream.
Keep in mind for the proper functioning of Voicemod you have to use headphones. If you use speakers, the sound will feed your microphone and create feedback that will ruin the experience.
Now, we will explain to you how to setup Voicemod App. Please, check your settings are as follows:
- Check your Voicemod audio configuration.
- From the left menu, go to Settings
- In Input devices select your real microphone
- Now adjust the slider to have a good audio signal avoiding the red part at the right side of the slider.
- In Output devices select your headphones
- Enable the "hear my voice" and "voice changer" options.
At the bottom of the window, at the left of the "Hear my voice" switch, you will see a button that opens a small window with two sliders. These two sliders control the main volume and the Background Noise:
- Adjust your “General Volume” slider (the default position is in the middle of the slider).
- Adjust your “Reduction Background Noise” slider. Start on the left side and go slowly to the right until it is filtering just the background noise and not your voice. The noise gate slider allows you to filter the ambient sound of the room where you are, that way there will be no background noise when you stop talking.
- Check your Windows audio configuration:
In your Recording and Playback tab in Windows, you should have selected your headsets and your microphone as default (the same one you have selected in Voicemod settings). Something like that:
If you have followed the previous steps and it is not fixed might be your Line or Voicemod microphone is muted.
Go again to Sound options:
- Locate Line in Playback tab
- Properties > Levels
- Make sure it is not muted.
Same instructions in the Recording tab. Make sure your Voicemod microphone is not muted.
At this point, you should hear yourself. Change to different voices to test that all is working and you can hear your voice transformed. If you can't hear your normal and your transformed voice check 4 basic checks if Voicemod doesn't work
Here our video tutorial for more details: