This is how to set up Voicemod on Rust:
- Voicemod has to be open (and properly configured) in order to feed our virtual microphone.
- Set Voicemod Virtual microphone as your default system microphone (Control Panel > Sound > Recording Tab > Set Voicemod Virtual microphone as the Default Input device).
- Open Steam.
- Open the Friends and Chat window.
- Go to Settings and VOICE and set the Voicemod microphone as Voice Input Device:
- Start the new Rust experience with Voicemod.
*Do not use the Voicemod Virtual Audio device as the output (headphones), we need it internally as an audio bridge to make all this work.
Through this output, you will hear the transformed voice if Voicemod is open, but not the rest of the sounds coming from games or other applications.