This is how to set up Voicemod on Steam:
- Open Voicemod Voice Changer App.
- Open Steam App.
- Go to Settings (Friends & Chat Button) at the Steam Chat menu.
- In Voice section check if the Recording (audio input) device is set to Voicemod Virtual Audio Device. If is not set, click on CHANGE DEVICE….
- It will open the Sound System window. Select Microphone (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)) and click on Set Default.
- Click Ok on the Sound System window and click OK, I’M FINISHED CHANGING SETTINGS on the Steam alert!
Now you are ready!
Another option to set up Voicemod on Steam is:
- Open Voicemod.
- Set Voicemod Virtual microphone as your default system microphone (Control Panel > Sound > Recording Tab > Set Voicemod Virtual microphone as the Default device).
- And open Steam.
*Do not use the Voicemod Virtual Audio device as the output (headphones), we need it internally as an audio bridge to make all this work.
Through this output, you will hear the transformed voice if Voicemod is open, but not the rest of the sounds coming from games or other applications.