Please follow these steps to check the audio volume:
- Open Voicemod.
- Go to Settings Tab > Advanced settings and disable the MIC EXCLUSIVE MODE switch (if you have it enabled).
- After that, adjust the input microphone slider: talk in a good volume and make sure that the visual signal goes up until the yellow color. The limit when you are talking loud has to be in the yellow part.
- Go back to the Main Menu
- At the bottom of the window, at the left of the "Hear my voice" switch, you will see a button that opens a small window with two sliders. These two sliders control the main volume and the Background Noise:
- Adjust your General Volume slider (the default position is in the middle of the slider).
- Adjust your Reduction Background Noise slider. Start on the left side and go slowly to the right until it is filtering just the background noise and not your voice. The noise gate slider allows you to filter the ambient sound of the room where you are, that way there will be no background noise when you stop talking.
- If you are a PRO user you can also adjust the volume of each voice independently:
- In each voice, you can see a button that opens the custom panel (on the right side of the windows). This panel helps you to customize each voice.
- Adjust each Voice Volume to find a good level for your hardware.
- The problem could also be related to external noise cancellation managed by Windows.
Go to Control Panel > Sound > Communications Tab and select this option in your system:
- And finally, if you have Enhancements tab inside Microphone Properties, disable this option (if you have it enabled):
If after that you still have problems with the volume it could be a problem related with the Windows mixer. Read this article to find out how to reset it.