Please follow these steps to check the audio volume:
- Open Voicemod.
If you have it enabled, disable the microphone exclusive mode.
Go to Settings Tab > Advanced settings and disable the MIC EXCLUSIVE MODE switch.
- After that, adjust the input microphone slider: talk in a good volume and make sure that the visual signal goes up until the yellow color. The limit when you are talking loud has to be in the yellow part.
- At the bottom of the window, on the right side, you will see a button that opens a small window with 5 sliders and a toggle. These sliders control the main volume, the Background Noise and the bleep volume. Moreover, the toggle allows you to stop the background noise reduction totally.
- Adjust your “Voice changer volume” slider (the default position is in the middle of the slider).
- Adjust your “Reduce background noise” slider. Start on the left side and go slowly to the right until it is filtering just the background noise and not your voice. The noise gate slider allows you to filter the ambient sound of the room where you are, that way there will be no background noise when you stop talking. Try also with the toggle disabling "Background Noise Reduction" if still have problems setting at 0 the noise gate slider.
- If you are a PRO user, you can also adjust the volume of each voice independently to find a good level for your hardware:
- The issue could also be related to external noise cancellation managed by Windows.
Go to Control Panel > Sound > Communications Tab and select this option in your system:
And finally, if you have Enhancements tab inside Microphone Properties, disable all sound effects:
If all this doesn't work out, let's make sure your headphones/microphone doesn't use any additional software that may have the noise suppression filter included.
If after that you still have issues with the volume, it could be an issue related with the Windows mixer. Read this article to find out how to reset it.
If none of the above works, and you keep getting the same issue, please write us a ticket to the support form: https://www.voicemod.net/support by choosing the following categories:
- Technical Support
- Volume drop